Here is a new club For the propagation of an ideal where science communicators can meet firstly, for drinks; secondly, for communicating; and ultimately, for networking.
Based at the University of British Columbia, members are:
– not opposed to alcohol
– fond of IPCC reports (especially the pictures)
– mostly in agreement with the “truth”
– into badges
– grieving for the slow and miserable death of the Hubble Space Telescope
– possibly possessed of supernatural powers
– not in the business of total world domination
– committed to the constant and diligent presentation of science stories, be it to editors, producers, directors, educators, relatives and/or friends of various ilk, in an effort to lessen the gap that is this thing we call public scientific literacy.
Members may earn such badges as The MacGyver, I’m pretty confident around an open flame, destroyer of quackery, sexing up science, my degree inadvertantly makes me competent in fixing household appliances, I’ve touched human internal organs with my own hands … and many more.
Filed under: Friday Fun |