The following articles are available free online from the CACHE Open Access Library:
- Steinbrook R. Online disclosure of physician–industry relationships. N Engl J Med 2009;360:325-327.
- Steiner TJ. Ethical issues arising from commercial sponsorship and from relationships with the pharmaceutical industry–report and recommendations of the Ethics Subcommittee of the International Headache Society. Cephalalgia 2008 Sep;28 Suppl 3:1-25.
- Gagnon MA, Lexchin J. The cost of pushing pills: A new estimate of pharmaceutical promotion expenditures in the United States. PLoS Med 2008 Jan 3;5(1):e1.
- Fisher JA. Practicing research ethics: Private-sector physicians & pharmaceutical clinical trials. Soc Sci Med 2008 Jun;66(12):2495-505.
- Haines IE, Olver IN. Are self-regulation and declaration of conflict of interest still the benchmark for relationships between physicians and industry? Med J Aust 2008 Sep 1;189(5):263-6.
- Ross JS, Lackner JE, Lurie P, Gross CP, Wolfe S, Krumholz HM. Pharmaceutical company payments to physicians: Early experiences with disclosure laws in Vermont and Minnesota. JAMA 2007 Mar 21;297(11):1216-23.
- Campbell EG, Gruen RL, Mountford J, Miller LG, Cleary PD, Blumenthal D. A national survey of physician-industry relationships. N Engl J Med 2007 Apr 26;356(17):1742-50.
- Chimonas S, Brennan TA, Rothman DJ. Physicians and drug representatives: Exploring the dynamics of the relationship. J Gen Intern Med 2007 Feb;22(2):184-90.
- Kennedy SP, Bormann BJ. Effective partnering of academic and physician scientists with the pharmaceutical drug development industry. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 2006 Dec;231(11):1690-4.
- Wofford JL, Ohl CA. Teaching appropriate interactions with pharmaceutical company representatives: The impact of an innovative workshop on student attitudes. BMC Med Educ 2005 Feb 8;5(1):5.
- Brody H. The company we keep: Why physicians should refuse to see pharmaceutical representatives. Ann Fam Med 2005 Jan-Feb;3(1):82-5.
- Wazana A. Physicians and the pharmaceutical industry: Is a gift ever just a gift? JAMA 2000 Jan 19;283(3):373-80.
Filed under: Industry & Health Care |